Prof. Dr. Wenzhi Zhang
Internationales Kolleg für Geisteswissenschaftliche Forschung "Schicksal, Freiheit und Prognose. Bewältigungsstrategien in Ostasien und Europa"
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telefon: +49 9131 85 64356
Chinese personal name: 張文智
IKGF Visiting Fellow April 2012 – March 2013
(Last change of profile by end of stay)
IKGF Research Project:
Centre for Zhouyi and Ancient Chinese Philosophy, Shandong University
An associate professor at the Centre for Zhouyi and Ancient Chinese Philosophy of Shandong University, Zhang Wenzhi is now also an editor of the academic journal of the Zhouyi Studies (Chinese Version) and the director of the Editorial Board of Zhouyi Studies (English Version). Having received his B.A. in English Language and Literature in 1990, he was dispatched to serve in the Chinese Air Force as a translator. Nine years later, i.e., from 1999, he was transferred from the Air Force and began to study the Yi jing as a Masterâs candidate, obtaining his M.A. in Chinese Philosophy in 2002. Focusing on the studies of image-numerology of the Yijing, he was selected and invited to be a visiting scholar at Harvard-Yenching Institute for the academic year 2007-08, and he delivered several lectures on the Yi jing at Harvard University. He became an associate professor in 2008, receiving his Ph.D in 2010. Since 2002, as the author of three books related to Yi jing and the translator of a book interpreting the Yi jing from English into Chinese, he has also published over 30 articles (including translated articles) in refereed journals. In addition, he has visited Taiwan, Singapore, Belgium, and Paris in order to participate in international conferences on the Yi jing or Chinese philosophy.
|1990||Diploma, English Language and Literature, Shandong University|
|2002||MA, Chinese Philosophy, Shandong University|
|2010||Ph.D, Chinese Philosophy, Shandong University|
Positions and Honors
|2003-2008||Assistant Professor, Shandong University|
|2007-2008||Visiting Scholar, Harvard-Yenching Institute|
|2008-present||Associate Professor in Zhouyi Studies, Shandong University|
Books and Editions
- Zhouyi ji jie dao du 周易集解导读 (A Guidebook to the Collected Annotations on the Book of Changes) (Jinan: Qilu shushe 2005)
- Hua shuo yijing 画说《易经》：《易经》的易象、意蕴、行动指南 (rendered into Chinese from Cristina Bertrandâs Yijing: Image, Concept and Action) (Shanghai: Shanghai wenyi chubanshe, 2009, reprinted in 2011)
- "Meng Xi and Jing Fang's Yi-ology and the Apocrypha of Change", in the Symposium of the International Conference on the Formation and Transformation of the Earlier Period Studies of Change sponsored by the Centre for Zhouyi and Ancient Chinese Philosophy from Oct. 13-16, 2011.
- "Philosophy of Human Innate Nature and Destiny Conceived in the Book of Changes", in the Symposium of the ISCP (International Society of Chinese Philosophy) 17th Conference held in Paris EHESS from July 4-8, 2011.
- "Philosophy of Life in the Zhouyi (Book of Changes)", in Zhouyi Studies (Chinese Version), no. 3 (2007), and in Zhouyi Studies (English Version) 6:1 (2009-2010).
- "Unity of the Image-numerology and Meaning-pattern in the Commentaries on the Change", in Zhouyi Studies (Chinese Version), no. 2 (2008).